By William M Clements,Harold G Koenig
- addresses theoretical elements of human improvement, concentrating on cognitive, ethical, and spiritual religion development
- examines events and problems of specific quandary to older individuals and appears at how faith can be utilized as a resource
- applies study findings to the matter of assembly the non secular and psychological healthiness wishes of elders with continual or acute health and wellbeing problems
- offers an in-depth examine end-of-life matters corresponding to physician-assisted suicideHospital and nursing domestic chaplains will locate this e-book informative and inspiring, as will gerontologists, health facility directors, and neighborhood clergy confronted with more and more older congregations. It supplies psychological future health execs new techniques to aid increase the later years of older adults, and makes a good textual content for classes on faith, psychological well-being, and getting older. Middle-aged and older adults, in addition to their households, also will locate getting older and God relaxing and encouraging as they try and grapple with the myriad adjustment and coping difficulties linked to aging.
Read Online or Download Aging and God: Spiritual Pathways to Mental Health in Midlife and Later Years PDF
Best gerontology books
With the upcoming retirement of a few seventy six million child Boomers, knowing the commercial, political, and social matters relating to the getting older inhabitants is paramount. If the doom-and-gloomers have their method, the aged could be positioned out to pasture, with insufficient health and wellbeing care and monetary assets, and a crumbling social welfare method.
Esta obra dá visibilidade à Gerontologia Social Crítica e amplia a contribuição do Serviço Social Crítico no campo da saúde coletiva. Isso significa que é um fecundo exercício crítico e reflexivo sobre a reprodução social na velhice na sociabilidade do capital, na sociedade do fetiche.
Opposed to a historical past of dialogue round international growing older and what this suggests when it comes to the long run care desire of older humans, this booklet addresses key issues in regards to the nature and placement of care and care-giving. Following a severe evaluate of analysis into who cares, the place and the way, it makes use of geographical views to provide a complete research of ways the intersection of casual care-giving inside of family, neighborhood and home care houses can create complicated landscapes and organizational spatialities of care.
Dr. Robert N. Butler coined the time period ageism” and made Alzheimer's” a well-recognized notice. Now he brings his bold wisdom to a contemporary and unparalleled fulfillment: the extension of human lifestyles expectancy through thirty years, and the transforming into variety of humans over age sixty-five. Alarmingly, our society has no longer tailored to this transformation.
- Aiding and Aging: The Coming Crisis in Support for the Elderly by Kin and State (Contributions in Philosophy,)
- Women and Ageing in British Society since 1500 (Women And Men In History)
- Faces of Women and Aging
- The Cultural Context of Aging: Worldwide Perspectives Third Edition
- Frontiers in the Economics of Aging (National Bureau of Economic Research Project Report)
Additional resources for Aging and God: Spiritual Pathways to Mental Health in Midlife and Later Years